October 2009

Well, half a year without updating - good times. Not a lot has happened, so I won't update with any of that nonsense.

Tuesday 25 November 2008

Christmas is Officially Here

So I finally saw the Coco Cola Christmas advert for this year - and once again I am filled with child-like joy and happiness.

I am so glad that they've returned to the good old trucks and the "Holidays Are Coming" song, rather than that travesty that was aired last year. The Coca Cola adverts are an institution to themselves, and they are what make me feel Christmassy. I don't know why, but I've always felt that way ever since I was a child growing up watching the TV - whenever the Coke ad came on, I knew it was Christmas and I would start getting very, very excited.

And not a lot has changed. I am once again very, very excited, and I want to start buying presents now - which is a big deal for a student like me to want to actually spend money, and on other people no less (I kid, I'm not that much of a heartless bastard). Maybe it's because the adverts are always saturated with what we are told Christmas is all about - family, love, compassion, giving, presents, capitalism - I'll stop there. We all know what Christmas is about, but that seems to be fading into obscurity, especially as people age. I've only just realised that this year I regard Christmas far more as a time for family and giving than for the birth of Christ. Now I wasn't raised a strict Christian, or even given a vague religious upbringing, but I guess that shows where I'm going in life.

Anywho, big old Santa's coming, and he's bringing a big load of Coke in big red trucks. Long live TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment